Partner and group poses require students to work together as a
team, creating positive social interaction.
· Balancing poses build focus and concentration.
· Some yoga exercises can help students relax, calming pre-test
· Other, more invigorating yoga techniques are useful for waking up a
sluggish mind before class.
· Yoga offers children healthy ways to express their emotions and
unleash their imagination, rather than bottling them up or striking
· Slow, even, “belly breaths” short-circuit the fight-or-flight
response to stress, and promote a more relaxed, comfortable state.
· A non-competitive yoga atmosphere where everyone can succeed
fosters a can-do attitude and confidence.
· Yoga can be used to teach concepts and content in science, language
arts, social studies, math, music, art, body anatomy and more.